Thursday 8 July 2010

Curiouser Cakes

So, my sister came home from uni for the summer and with her she brought this:

Yep, my own box. I was excited. Very excited to be precise. She sorted it all out for me as a present for passing my driving test, so now i have my very own blog, email address, box and even business cards. Yes, that's right. Business cards. The box is brilliant, really. Oh, you want to see inside it? ...Okay!


Look how lovely it is. What was that? You want to see everything inside? ..Okay! (See how excited I still am even though I've had this box around about a week. It's crazy!)
So, in the box there was the following:


A little recipe book, which is just the cutest. It even has my favourite quote from the 2010 Tim Burton adaptation. It says 'I'll miss you when I wake up.' *sighs* The Mad Hatter, *sighs* Jonny Depp... anyway...
There was also...

These adorable cookie cutters, I definitely favour the teapot.

These lovely little menus with names of recipes on which I will most certinaly be creating at some point in the near future.

These business cards, I don't know when i'll ever use business cards, but having them is exciting enough. Plus, they're laminated! That's always fun!

Some little cupcake wrappers. There are some other designs somewhere, a blue Alice one and a Queen of Hearts red and black one. I'll have to show you those at some point too. 

A CD full of digital copies of everything,

AND this adorable cupcake oven mit.

So that's everything... well, not quite. There's one teeny tiny little thing left. I'm very excited about it. It's possibly my favourite thing in the box. Ready? 


My eyes nearly popped up when I saw them...
brace yourself...


Cupcake picks. They're soooo cute. Want to see them in action?


I feel that I have to point out that i didn't make these cakes as i've been pretty busy at college this week, (hense the reason i've had this box almost a week and not managed to post this first blog yet,) but it was my sister who made them. Her blog is here. It's a blog about all sorts, she's very lovely so you should go and see what she has to say.

So, like I said earlier, this blog came about because of my darling sister, my love for Alice In Wonderland (which I urge you to read if you haven't already, in fact, even if you have, you should read it again right now!), and my love for baking. I've been wanting to make a blog for a while now as my love for Alice and baking grew from enjoying them both to mild obsession a few years back, but i've never known how to go about making a blog, so this was perfect as all the basics were sorted for me. I'll try and update this every week or so, anything I make from a recipe i'll put a link to where you can buy the recipe book, or the blog in which I got the recipe from, but there's a few recipes I may have to create myself to achieve some of the dishes labelled on my menu that Eleanor made for me! Anyway, I hope you enjoy, so happy baking!



1 comment:

  1. Very complimentary - I love you :D could you please change the link to my blog so it is correct please and thankyou :) love you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails