Wednesday 21 July 2010

Whoopie Pies!

Heard of a whoopie pie before? I thought you might have done.

Me and my sister have been looking at these for ages, and they've been popping up everywhere! So, today we went for a drive to our grandparents house then to Asda to get the rest of things we needed. 
This was our whoopie adventure: 


 Basic things really, chocolate and butter. Melted.



Sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisked.




 
Two bowls. Combined.



Then mix in the flour and cocoa powder.


Done.


Then spoon blob fulls on to greased paper and bake for 6-8 minutes.
They do look lovely when they come out...


Then put a marshmallow on each one...


This photo makes me laugh. I don't know why... they look really funny...
Anyway... put them back into the oven for 2-3 minutes, to "melt them, melt them!" - to quote my sister!

Then you smush another one on top and leave them them to cool.

Lovely, lovely whoopies. So gooey and sticky and SO SICKLY! I ate one of these and felt like I'd just eaten a full Sunday roast. They are MASSIVE! Next time I think I'll make them slightly smaller and with more marshmallow. Of course, these aren't my own recipe... yet! I got them from this wonderful man- he's a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails