Friday 30 July 2010

Ice Box Cookies

Ever heard of an ice box cookie? Me neither, until I got to the end part of this book: I ♥ macarons, when my sister made macarons. Simply because we had egg yolks left over and this was one of the recipes at the end of it. I decided that although I didn't know what icebox cookies were, I'd give them a go because they didn't require many ingredients and it looked fairly simply. Although these were named ice box cookies, they became known as left over cookies because I made them with left over... pretty self explanatory!


                                                                                                                                                   
You mix all the ingredients together and then mould it all into a long long shape, and pop it in the fridge for a while to go hard, then slice it up and put them in the oven for 10 minutes.




They do look very tasty when they come out of the oven! 

Now, this is where the recipe says to leave them (and I know why- trust me, they're lovely!) However, as these are left-over cookies, I decided to ice them with some left over white chocolate ganache.

 

They went a bit dribbly,  but once I managed to yank them off of the tray, they were fine!
Oh, did I mention that ice box cookies are actually shortbread biscuits?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails